Beach Rentals and Services
Open Daily 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (until 6 p.m. Memorial Day – Labor Day)
The section of beach in front of Hale Koa Hotel has ideal conditions. With easy access, the shore isn’t rough, which makes for great swimming. Also, there’s a reef not far from the shoreline, which helps break up the surf and draw reef fish and turtles that love to visit snorkelers.
If the beach is like a giant sandbox, then think of our on-site beach concierge, Koa Beach Service like your toy box. They’ll have everything you need for a full day of relaxing or active pursuits, with special military discounted rates, to boot.
Here are just a few beach activities you’ll find at Hale Koa Hotel:
- Umbrellas / Beach Chairs / Lounge Chairs
- Stand-up Paddle Board
- Mirage Eclipse (it’s like a motorized surf board)
- Aqua Cycle (a bike you can ride on the water)
- Kayaks (single, double or triple)
- Snorkel Gear
- Fun Island (a giant, anchored foam mat)
- Surfboard (and surf lessons if you like)
- Volleyball / Pickleball
- Sand Wheelchair (free for 2 hours at a time)
For more information or to schedule surf lessons, call Koa Beach Service at 808-944-1962.
Note: The beach in front of Hale Koa Hotel does not have lifeguards. Be sure to check advisories and conditions, and supervise children. Bring your room key to check out complimentary towels at the Ilima Pool.