Hale Koa Hotel Pool
Open Daily 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (until 9 p.m. Memorial Day – Labor Day)
Aquatic activities at the Hale Koa Hotel pools range from serene to lively, which means there’s something for the whole family. Registered hotel guests who are 18 years and over can enjoy the Maile Pool, near the Maile Tower. The hot tub is also a great way to unwind and soothe your muscles. This area is a nice option for some peace and quiet.
If you prefer more energy in your pool scene, then the Ilima Pool is definitely for you. With 250,000 gallons of water, the expansive Ilima Pool has three distinct sections that get progressively deeper, and two bridges that crisscross it. The Ilima Pool is also oceanfront, so you can take full advantage of the beach scenery while enjoying poolside comforts. It’s the best of both worlds. The Barefoot Snack Shack is also nearby, so it's easy to grab some pool fuel any time you like.
The Keiki Pool, a small wading pool perfect for the little ones ages six and under, is near the Ilima Pool as well. Though the Ilima Pool has lifeguards, please be sure to supervise children at all times and follow our pool policies. Towels and flotation devices are available to check out for free at the Ilima Pool.
- No outside food or beverage is allowed in the pool area. You may only consume food and beverages purchased at any Hale Koa Hotel eatery or AAFES Exchange. (However, coolers and outside food and beverages are allowed in the park area and on the beach).
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Adults must be in the water and within arm's length of their children who are non-swimmers. Swim tests are administered at the top of each hour, to ensure children are capable of swimming on their own wihtout this hands-on supervision.
- Small floats and non-ariel pool toys are allowed. Large items, such as surfboards and boogie boards, are not permitted in the pool area.
- Only registered guests are allowed at the Maile Pool. However, registered guests are allowed to sponsor up to three non-hotel guests at the Ilima Pool.