Memorial Day to Labor Day 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
After Labor Day 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
The placid waters at our doorstep in Waikiki Beach make one of the world’s most amazing natural swimming spots. But, if you prefer your water recreation poolside, we’ve got a few pools for eligible guests to choose. You’ll find a hot tub near the Maile Pool, both of which are reserved for registered adult hotel guests only. Other options for all eligible guests are the Ilima Pool and Keiki Pool (for toddlers and youngsters up to age six), which are more active.
You can check out towels and swim vest for kids at a station at the intrace of the Ilima Pool, which also has lifeguards. Be sure to follow our rules and guidelines for enjoying the pool areas.
If you prefer more energy in your pool scene, then the Ilima Pool is definitely for you. With 250,000 gallons of water, the giant Ilima Pool has three distinct sections ranging from three to five feet deep, and two bridges that crisscross it all. The Ilima Pool is also oceanfront, so you can take full advantage of the beach scenery while enjoying poolside comforts. It’s the best of both worlds. The Barefoot Snack Shack is also nearby, making it easy to grab some pool fuel any time you like.
The Keiki Pool, a small wading pool perfect for the little ones ages six and under, is oceanfront near the Ilima Pool as well. Please be sure to supervise children at all times and follow our pool policies. A parent or an adult must be accompany children using the Keiki pool.Towels and U.S. Coastguard-approved flotation vests are available for registered guests to check out for free at the Ilima Pool.
- No outside food or beverage is allowed in the pool area. You may only consume food and beverages purchased at any Hale Koa Hotel eatery or AAFES Exchange. (However, coolers and outside food and beverages are allowed in the park area and on the beach).
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Adults must be in the water and within arm's length of their children who are non-swimmers. Swim tests are administered at the top of each hour, to ensure children are capable of swimming on their own wihtout this hands-on supervision.
- Small floats and non-ariel pool toys are allowed. Large items, such as surfboards and boogie boards, are not permitted in the pool area.
- Only registered guests are allowed at the Maile Pool. However, registered guests are allowed to sponsor up to three non-hotel guests at the Ilima Pool.