Memorial Day to Labor Day 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
After Labor Day 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
The placid waters at our doorstep in Waikiki Beach makes for one of the world’s most amazing natural swimming spots. But, if you prefer your water recreation poolside, we’ve got a wonderful destination for your aquatic family fun. Registered hotel guests are invited to swim, play or relax in the Maile Pool surrounded by tropical scenery. The oval shape pool at the Maile Tower ranges from 3 ½ to 4 ½ feet deep and features a hot tub with seating area for registered guests 18 years and older. Bibas Courtyard Grill is also nearby, making it easily accessible to satisfy your cravings for casual meals and beverages.
You may check out towels and U.S. Coast Guard approved swim vest for kids at a station at the entrance of the Maile Pool, which have lifeguards. Be sure to follow our rules and guidelines for an enjoyable pool experience.
- No outside food or beverages are allowed in the pool area. You may only consume food and beverages purchased at any Hale Koa Hotel eatery or AAFES Exchange. (However, coolers and outside food and beverages are allowed in the park area and on the beach.)
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Adults must be in the water and within arm's length of their children who are non-swimmers. Swim tests are administered at the top of each hour, to ensure children are capable of swimming on their own without this hands-on supervision.
- Small floats and non-aerial pool toys are allowed. Large items, such as surfboards and boogie boards, are not permitted in the pool area.
- Proper family-friendly swim attire is required (no cutoff shorts or jeans).
- Only registered hotel guests are allowed at the Maile Pool.
Rejuvenation Project: Major reconstruction of the Ilima (Family) Swimming Pool Complex began on July 9, 2018 and will last approximately one year. (Click here for renovation updates.)