Thank you for considering the Hale Koa Hotel for your upcoming celebration/function. Before confirming your reservation, please review the
following general information.
Should you have any questions regarding any of our policies, please consult one of our Catering Representatives at 808-955-9607.
Here is some information we suggest you gather before you call our Catering Department:
- Proposed Date of Function
- Type of Function (bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, wedding, reception, etc.)
- Time of Function (day or evening, approximate start/end time)
- Food Requirements (buffet, sit-down dinner, appetizers only, etc.)
- Beverage Requirements (open bar, etc.)
- Approximate Number of Guests
- Will you need assistance with a minister, flowers, entertainment, cake or a
- Determine your eligibility
- Review our payment policies
The Hale Koa Hotel is an Armed Forces Recreation Center serving active duty and retired members of the U.S. Armed Forces, their families and sponsored guests. Authorized personnel and nonprofit groups or organizations are eligible to use the hotel for banquets, meetings, private parties and other special events when sponsors meet one of the following conditions:
- Sponsor ensures that the organization is comprised predominately (51%) of personnel authorized to use the hotel's food and beverage venues.
- Sponsor is an authorized user of the hotel's food and beverage venues. Who accepts responsibility for payment and ensures the group sponsored is nonprofit.
- For nonprofit groups or organizations without an authorized user serving as sponsor, the General Manager or his designee determines whether the affair will make a positive contribution to military-community relations or is of primary benefit to one or more of the armed forces.
- Banquet venues may be used by the following categories of personnel: Active or retired military personnel and their dependents, active or retired Reserve and National Guard members who possess a valid and current I.D. card and their family members, Department of Defense Civilians, Navy League, AUSA and Air Force Association club members and Foreign National Armed Forces personnel (active or retired) visiting Hawaii. These eligible users may also sponsor functions. After a banquet contract is finalized (usually 6-8 weeks prior to function date), the military sponsor must come to the Catering Office with a valid I.D. card and sign the contract.
BUSINESS USE OR FUNDRAISING PROHIBITED
Use of hotel venues to conduct or promote private commercial business or fundraising activities is prohibited. When bills paid to the Hale Koa Hotel are deducted as business expense for tax or business accounting purposes, it constitutes business use of the hotel, is improper, and could result in loss of privileges.
Validated parking for a nominal fee is available at either the Hale Koa Hotel parking garage across from the hotel or at the Saratoga lot across from the Army Museum.
DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT POLICIES
A deposit is required within 14 days of the date we accept your booking. For functions in the Luau Garden, Banyan Tree, DeRussy Hall or the Waikiki Ballroom, the deposit is $500.00. For the Laulima and Kalia Rooms, the deposit is $100.00 per section. For wedding ceremonies in the Maile Garden or the Luau Garden, an additional deposit of $550.00 is required.
CANCELLATION / REFUND POLICY
All deposits are non-refundable. A cancellation request, in writing, stating your wish to cancel your scheduled function is required. If such a request is made six (6) months or more prior to your function date, a 50% refund of your deposit will be returned. If a cancellation request is made less than six (6) months prior to the function date, no deposit will be refunded.
CHANGE IN FUNCTION DATE:
Requests to change a function date must be made at least six (6) months prior to the event date to avoid a penalty. Requests must be made in writing.
A 75% pre-payment of the total anticipated food and beverage bill is required 14 days prior to the function date. The prepayment is non-refundable but will be applied to the total charges for your event. An invoice will be presented at the conclusion of the function, less your deposit, for payment in full.
A 15% gratuity will be added to all food and beverage charges unless otherwise noted.
Since the Hale Koa Hotel is a federal entity, the 4.7% state tax will not be added to our prices.
FINAL GUARANTEE COUNT
A final guaranteed guest count will be required by 12:00 noon, two (2) working days in advance of the function date. If no final count is received by this deadline, your tentative count will become your final guaranteed count. The final guarantee is not subject to reduction.
A minimum of 25 persons is required for all food functions.
CHANGE OF FUNCTION ROOM
The hotel reserves the right to make last-minute changes of assigned function rooms as deemed necessary.
OUTSIDE FOOD AND BEVERAGES
All food and beverages must be supplied exclusively by the Hale Koa Hotel. Outside food or beverages are not allowed in private functions. Food and beverages may not be taken out of the banquet facility once it has been prepared and served.
All day/luncheon functions must conclude by 2:30 p.m. Day/luncheon functions in the Luau Garden must vacate the garden by 2:00 p.m. All evening/dinner functions must conclude by 12:00 a.m. Prior approval is required for all starting times.
All menus and room arrangements should be finalized at least four (4) weeks prior to your function date.
A hand-served meal is limited to one entrée selection for the entire group.
Menus and prices are subject to change without notice.
The hotel will take all necessary care, but accepts no responsibility for the damage or loss of any articles brought into the hotel or left at the hotel after the function.
For More Information or Assistance Please Contact the Hale Koa Catering Department (808) 955-9609
8:30am to 4:30pm Hawaii Standard Time
Daily except Sundays and Federal holidays